Dog in the Snow

Laika Ready to Attack | Vermont, USA Y Nakanishi via Compfight

In this picture a dog is going for a run in the new, white-powder snow. Trying to find his toy, she comes across a bunny. Chasing it along the field, snow is building up on her paws. She basically had a new pair of shoes,  so fancy.

The same thing happens every year with my dog. Then my dog goes outside and comes in with a pair of ice shoes. Then we rush her up stairs into a warm bath to melt the ice off. 

Fun fact: snow is coming down as I type this.

Quinn signing off

8 thoughts on “Dog in the Snow

1. Mom

Hello Quinn,

I would love for the snow to stay up on Mount Washington. Bella, on the other hand, loves the snow. I just wish she would love going out in the rain as much as she loves going out in the snow.

I have really enjoyed reading your post!

Mom

Reply
    1. Quinn Post author

Hi Mom
      Luckily the snow is staying up on the mountain. I hat it when we have to give Bella a bath every time she has snow shoes.
      Thank you for commenting on my blog.
      -Quinn

Reply
  2. Kim

Hi Quinn,
    I enjoyed your post. I love the snow and we sure get lots in Newfoundland! I can tell from your description that this dog was having fun. Bandit gets ice shoes too! When I was young and we would be out playing, my mittens would turn into “ice mittens”.
    Can’t wait to read your next post!
    Aunt Kim

Reply
    1. Quinn Post author

Hi Aunt Kim
      Thank you for reading my post. I remember all of the snow in Newfoundland, There was a lot.
      There is really no way to prevent your dog from getting snow shoes.
      -Quinn

Reply
  3. Dad

I remember the BIG snowfall last year when the plough piled up the big hill in front of our house. It was fun the play on I am sure, but man was that heavy to shovel! Hopefully, we will get another one this year so we can make a few snowmen. Why are they always snowmen and never snowladies anyway? Just a random thought for you to chew on

Reply
    1. Quinn Post author

Hi Dad
      Sliding down the hill was fun, It was a lot of work to shape it though.
      We got snow a month and a half but it hasten snowed science.
      I do not now why they are always called snowman, I will have to find that out after.
      -Quinn

Reply
  4. Nathan B.

I really like the outfit you put on your dog. I skied once but fell around 24 times. I just wanted to know did the snow ever collapse on you? Whenever I would walk around our cabin the snow would just fall on me and I wouldn’t be wearing my snow pants, it was really cold. I actually also never seen snowshoes before for dogs

Reply
    1. Quinn Post author

Hi Nathan
      My first time skiing I fell about 4564334433……. so long later the narrator got tired of talking, Times.
      Yes snow has collapsed on me many times.
      -Quinn

Reply